- Dating of glacial sediments using stable and radioactive cosmogenic nuclides
- Method development in geochronology, especially with iron-oxides
- Cosmogenic nuclide dating of pedogenic iron-oxides in soils
- (U-Th)/He dating of goethite, hematite, and magnetite
- Influence of climate on the formation and evolution of laterites
- Intracrystalline oxygen isotope paleothermometry of goethite
- Dating of Pleistocene terminal moraines and terrace deposits in the Alpine foreland using the in situ 36Cl exposure and 10Be/26Al isochron burial techniques
- Measuring the offset rate of the San Andreas fault in Southern California by dating offset terraces with cosmogenic 3He in magnetite
- Mineralization and alteration of volcanics of the El Laco iron ore deposit in Chile by (U-Th)/He dating of hematite and magnetite
- Growing Al-substituted goethite for the calibration of oxygen isotope paleothermometry
- Reconstruction of isostatic and tectonic paleo-flexure in sedimentary basins
- Odom, W. Hofmann, F., Van Arsdale, R., Granger, D., (2020): New 26Al/10Be and (U-Th)/He constraints on the age of the Upland Complex, central Mississippi River Valley. Geomorphology, 371, 107448.
- Hofmann, Florian; Treffkorn, Jonathan; Farley, Kenneth A. (2020): U-loss associated with laser-heating of hematite and goethite in vacuum during (U-Th)/He dating and prevention using high O2 partial pressure. Chemical Geology 532 (119350), 1-16.
- Hofmann, Florian; Farley, Kenneth A.; Reichenbacher, Bettina (2017): Evidence for >5 Ma paleo-exposure of an Eocene-Miocene paleosol of the Bohnerz Formation, Switzerland. Earth and Planetary Science Letters 465C, 168-175.